Monday, June 13, 2011

Some Like It Invisible

Words Written: 1,275


Current Project: Researching the metaphysical meanings of gemstones so I can create a talisman for my main character in Surprisingly Supernatural.

Currently Reading: Demon Hunting in Dixie by Lexi George



Have you ever wanted to be invisible? Of course you have. If you say you haven't, you're either lying or there is something wrong with you. My reasons for wanting to be invisible are purely mundane. Although I suppose it would be nice to walk into a bank vault and help myself to a gym-bag full of twenties.

What I would find most useful about being invisible would be the small daily things I could avoid. No more awkward will-you-won't-you eye contact with the stranger pacing toward me on the street. No more useless head-nods to that person in the grocery store that keeps coming down the same isle I'm in only in the opposite direction until we've covered the whole store in forced pleasantries.

Maybe I'm simply anti-social. I'm not going to lie, I think the license-to-be-a-recluse that comes with being a writer is part of the draw for me. I've often thought, "when I'm a famous writer, I'll be secretive and strange and have my entire arms covered in tattoos and no one will think it unacceptable."

So, my question is, other than the obvious peeping-tom/stalker fantasies and stealing (Not that you would do such a thing. No way. Of course not.)... what would be your favorite part of invisibility?



And now for a random picture of some frogs. Because frogs are fun.