Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Interview with Author Anya Richards


I'd like to welcome a fellow author in the Ellora's Cave PRICKED line, the lovely and talented Anya Richards. She was gracious enough to answer a few uncommon interview questions and give a peek inside her mind. 



Do you have any rituals when you write? A certain pen to chew on, a particular drink, or something like that?
  • Tea! Gallons of it. Black, two sugars (I keep trying to cut back, without success) and nothing fancy. My favorite brand is Red Rose.

How do you edit a manuscript? On your computer, by making notes on an e-reader, or do you print out a copy and attack it with a good ‘ole fashioned red pen?
  • I edit—obsessively—as I write, so definitely on my computer.

If you could send a message back in time to yourself as you’re writing your first book, what would you tell yourself?
  • Good question! Either, “Cut back on the word count. No one is going to buy a 160K book from a newbie,” or, “Enjoy the freedom of writing whatever comes into your head. It doesn’t last!”

Do you have a significant other, and if so, do they read your books? What do they think of them?
  • My husband is my greatest fan and has read almost everything I’ve written. He lets me know if they’re hot enough, but I don’t press him for comments on things like continuity or flow LOL!

Who is your favorite character in the book you’re currently promoting? Why?
  • Hard question…you’re diabolical! I love my hero Jakuta, who’s strong and temperamental yet sweet and all-round yummy, but I’ll let you in on a little secret. There’s a reoccurring character in my Unveiled Seductions series, Ula, and although she’s so far only played a small part in the stories, she’s such fun, she’s my favorite! My critique partners tell me she needs her own story, but when you meet her you’ll understand why that would be a monumental task. Ula will need a lover of amazing character and talent to pin her down!


Where can we find you online?


Fleeing Fate
Anya Richards

Jakuta Dagbo knows bad weather’s approaching, even though the sky above the faie world is clear. And when Gràinne Bairdie walks into The Midnight Café wanting an arcane tattoo, he realizes the tempest raging into his life has nothing to do with wind and rain. Just one look at her brings his storm god libido, and the protective instincts he no longer trusts, to thundering life.

Gràinne’s a banshee on the run, desperate to claim the emotions she’s sure are rightfully hers and with no time to explore the sparks of need flying between herself and Jakuta. What she’s trying to do will bring the wrath of the Banshee Council down on her head, and she knows they’ll do anything to stop her.

Yet, as Gràinne and Jakuta peel back the layers of their lives, searching for the answers she needs, they can’t ignore the lightning-hot passion searing their blood. And when emotion reaches its apex, demanding complete surrender to the cyclone of desire, neither can resist. Even if it means Gràinne’s banshee wail of release will be her last.

Fleeting Fate is available at Ellora’s Cave, Amazon and other e-book retailers July 4, 2012. And look for Book Two in the Unveiled Seductions series, Stone-Hard Passion, on July 27, 2012, but available now for pre-order!