Thursday, August 11, 2011

The Best Series I've Read This Year

I'm thrilled about my recent discovery of author Adrian Phoenix.  I'm not sure how I managed to overlook her until now and I'd like to kick my own ass for it.

Adrian's Hoodoo series and Maker's Song series are by far some of the best books I've read this year. Gritty, Dark, Sexy Urban Fantasy and based in Louisiana. With charming Creole/French phrases and sometimes disturbing sensuality, I'm completely addicted to Adrian Phoenix.


The characters in the Maker's Song series are my favorites. The Heroine is 31, not the 22 year old that usually rules as queen of the paranormal genre, which is great because it doesn't make me feel so freaking old. The Hero is incredibly strange with his bondage collar and leather/latex wardrobe but remains totally edible, perhaps because he's so odd and damaged.

Phoenix isn't afraid to dive into the shaded corners of criminal minds or walk the lonely streets with victims of abuse. If you're looking for something haunting, sexual and gripping ... pick up A RUSH OF WINGS by Adrian Phoenix and start reading now!