Thursday, July 11, 2013

Upcycled / Repurposed Book Page Art

I have a condition which causes me to purchase old damaged books based on the quality of their spines alone. This means I end up with a bunch of handsome, vintage books that look great on my shelves but have crumbling, incomplete, water damaged pages inside. 

I decided to upcycle the book pages into some beautifully repurposed, shabby chic book page art pieces. Below, you will find some examples of my work, now available on Etsy at my store, OwliceHooDesigns.

The best part? The only new material used is the stretched canvas upon which the pages/art are decoupaged. The frames are vintage/flea market finds that I've cleaned, sanded, and painted. 










After you check out my upcycled / repurposed book art pieces, be sure to take a look at my handmade owls. They each have a name and a theme. Alchemist Owl is my favorite.