Sunday, November 6, 2011

Sneak Peak At My Work-In-Progress

Here's a little peak at an excerpt from the first draft of my WIP. The working title is CAGED IN MYTH and it's a young adult novel about a 17yr old guy with Druid ancestry who lives and works with other orphaned supernaturals.



“I could go for a beer,” Jace said, stretching his long legs across the backseat.

“Well,” I said, shifting into second gear as I drove down the winding drive, “If you’d gotten your sister to make the fake ID’s like you were supposed to, we could be going to the bar right now and drinking all the beers we want.”

“Hey, man, I tried. I’m telling you, she’s turned into a total prude since she married that douchebag Zander.”

Alex piped in, “I thought you liked Zander.”

Jace grumbled something unintelligible.

I laughed, “He just doesn’t like that the guy’s fucking his sister.” That earned me a smack to the back of my head and a stream of curses from the backseat.

I slammed the brakes, ripped the keys out of the ignition and shoved the door open. Jace clung to my neck with a vice-like choke hold while Alex shouted encouragements from the passenger seat.

I rolled outside and onto the gravel with Jace still attached to my back, trying his damnedest to assert his authority by inserting a spit covered finger into my ear.